Russell E. Davenport III, M.D.
Medical School: St. George’s University School of Medicine
Residency: Anesthesiology - University of Virginia Medical Center
Anesthesiology & Pain Management
Fellowship: Pain Management - University of Virginia Medical Center
- Davenport, R.E. & McNeil, J.S. (2018). Red Hair and Anesthesia. Grand Rounds Lecture at University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA. January 31, 2018.
- Davenport, R.E. (2017). The Aortic Valve. Grand Rounds Lecture at CHUK, University of Rwanda. Kigali, Rwanda. October 2, 2017.
- Davenport, R. E. (2017). Chronic Pain and Opioid Use in the Perioperative Period. University of Virginia Medical Center Quality Improvement Project Presentation. May 31, 2017.
- Zerona, N., DeBurkarte, M., Davenport, R., & Grewen, K. (2009). The effect of phlebotomy on plasma oxytocin. Pierre Morell Research Day, August 24, 2009. UNC MBRB.
- Grewen, K.M., Bizzell, J., Davenport, R.E., Lin, W., & Belger, A., (2008). Maternal responses to infant cues are reduced in mothers with prenatal cocaine exposure. UNC Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC) Symposium.
- Davenport, R.E. & Grewen, K.M., (2008). Effects of prenatal cocaine and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor use on postpartum depression and negative affect. 20th Annual Convention for the Association for Psychological Science (APS), Chicago, IL, May 2008.
- Grewen, K.M., Davenport, R.E., & Belger, A., (2007). An fMRI investigation of maternal neural circuitry. 63rd Annual Scientific Convention for Biological Psychiatry, Washington, DC, May 2008.
- North American Neuromodulation Society, 2018-present.
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, 2018-present.
- North American Spine Society, 2018-present.
- Virginia Society of Anesthesiologists, 2014-present.
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, 2012-present.
- Association for Psychological Science, 2008-2010.
- Research Coordinator for Karen Grewen, Ph.D., Social Neuroscience and Psychophysiology Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 2003 – 2010.
- Resident as Educator Certificate, University of Virginia Medical Center Simulation Lab, January 2017.
- Neuroscience Peer Tutor, Department of Educational Services, St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies, 2010.
- Children’s Counselor & Mentor, UNC Horizons Program, Chapel Hill, NC January 2007 - January 2010.
- Travel, the Beach, Playing Guitar, Hot Sauce and Spicy Food, Adventurous Eating